Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hungry Ghost Festival

CHINESE HUNGRY GHOST FESTIVAL [LUNAR CALENDAR 7TH MONTH]

Yes! This is the time of the month where the Chinese believe that the Hell Gate will be wide open and all spirits are free to roam the Earth for one whole month. It's also believe that your close relatives who have passed away would take advantage of this chance to pay a visit to the people they care about most.

During this month, the Chinese will make a lot of offerings such as paper money, food, drinks, Gold & Sliver Mountain, Houses, blah blah blah, things to those "Good Brothers" & "Good sisters", praying that for the upcoming year, they will have better luck, better health and better fortune. Also, to ensure that those lonely "Brothers & Sisters" are not alone, organisers host several stages for performances, A.K.A [Ge-Tai, or Gor Dai], as it's commonly known in Chinese. It's another form of offerings to the death by entertaining them with songs, dances and performances.

While others would take this opportunity to organise mass auction dinner events to raise donation money for Charity. And normally, the items put up for auctions are stuffs donated by other wealthy people.

As for me.... HAHA!! I began telling stories about strange encounters in Pulau Tekong. And well, that really freak my colleagues out, who was unable to sleep soundly the whole night. [GOSH! I felt SO BAD....]

This week went by breezely & fast. In a turn of an eye, it's already the weekends, and it's one week closer to my ORD!!! haha!!! With only 18 days left till I get my PINK IC Card... I just can't wait for it to happen... But first, I have to follow my plans, those that I set out in the beginning of the Year...