Thursday, May 31, 2007

Long Weekend

Well, 5 months have passed for 2007, with 7 more to go, before we welcome 2008. May ended with quite some mercy, giving us a good 4 days of break, especially precious for me & my fellow LSA colleauges.

'Cause come June, we'll be sucked into a whole chain of events, which would 100% drained every ounce of energy in our body.

First week of June, is the start of Commercial Stock-take 2007, plus Direct Enlistment & Graduation Parade of some School 1 companies. Followed tightly by School 1 & 2 Graduation parade in 2nd week & Direct Enlistment towards the end of the week.

Then, it's all the normal cycle our department will be doing. Arrange for nametags, nametag sewing, Kit exchange for faulty items. And on top of all these, Commercial Stock-take is still on-going... I could vaguely foresee almost everyone will be dead beaten by the end of June...

Ok! So much for the "Forecast of Events" for June. Today, I spent my day rotting away at home, couldn't find anyone to go out. Either they were to lazy to go out, already have appointments with their own friends or working. Sigh... So much for being in Army. Even when it comes to the "oh-so-precious" weekends, I can't even confirm an outing with my friends, because at any one time, my phone might ring and I'll have to report back to camp for duties.

This is to Val:
Val, if my words the other night, has led you to some misunderstanding. I deeply apologize here. My words ain't meant to push any blame onto anyone. And I have no intention to blame anyone for not being available. I'm neither a tyrant nor a boar. I understand fully that everyone has their own lives to pass, things to do, friends to meet, and families & loved ones to company.

if my friends can't fork out the time to meet up, then I'll just have to try my luck another time. While, I try my luck with other friends. Else, I'll just stay at home & do some leisure stuffs.

Perhaps my casual question of asking friends out at that point of time, came at the wrong moment & wrong place.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This question popped up in my head recently:
"Has the world around me changed, or am I the one who have changed?"

These few days, I felt this colliding feeling within me. It seems like friends I once thought I knew, turns out to be people that I totally don't understand. While friends I thought were just mere "Hi-Bye" friends, happens to be people who know me deeper.

Perhaps the only consolation for me would be those friends I knew never changed, still stay put. But is it a good or bad thing?

Has Army changed me? Has Time changed me? Has Age changed me? Or is it because of other factors that has caused this evolution? I wanted to stop this change, or slow it down, so that I could have enough time to catch up with it. But it seems to be evolving faster & faster each time I tried to catch up... ...

Should I continue to chase after it, or should I go in search for another direction?

No comments: